Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hospital DAY #2


Thursday November 6th, 2008

For the next week I really do not remember much. Here is what I do remember about these days. Some of these things do not happen on the exact day that I say that they do, but these is the best that I can do.

After staying up for most of the night with my roommate, and the morphine machine that I was plugged into. The morning was pretty much the same with the roommate, wanting to help her out and not have her kill or harm herself.

Later in the day, a lot of my Reality Church staff came up to my room wanting to pray for and over me. This was such a blessing, for I had only been in the hospital for a day, and yet they all knew about it and wanted to pray that the Lord would heal me, as soon as possible. I remember Todd, Sean, Lazo, Jen, Cody, and John-Ryan… They all stayed with me for a long time, praying and making sure that I was doing fine. God Is So Good!!

Next thing that I remember is getting into another hospital bed, and getting rolled do to the ICU (Intensive Care Unit). I know that I was having trouble breathing, so once I got there, they connected me to an oxygen tank that was connected to the wall, and which the tubs that went into my nose.

Here is the email that I my mom sent out to so friends and family about this day. She actually sent this out on the 7th, but it is an update of what happened this day:

“My Dear Friends,
I wanted to keep you abreast of Courtney’s condition. Unfortunately it is not good. Yesterday afternoon she took a turn for the worse and is now in intensive care with an extreme infection in her pancreas. She’s having a difficult time breathing because of all the fluids they are pumping into her body and her heart rate is high. She was stable during the night, but did not improve. Surgery has been postponed until they can get this infection on the definite down swing. Please pray for her.
Thanks,
Me"

No comments: