Monday, February 2, 2009

Hospital DAY #3


Friday November 7th, 2008

There was a lot of weird things happened in the next days. I remember hallucinations about binging on the breathing machine.

Dreaming that I had to keep counting in order to get the oxygen. Now I know this sounds really silly, but it was SOOO real. I think apart of this was dealing with the nurses. When I first got on the breathing machine I found it really hard to breath normally. That is was really hard to keep a rhythm. The nurses told me that it could help if you count. 1,2,3,4, then 1,2,3,4, then 1,2,3,4… So, I started counting, it felt like hours later I was still trying to count. Then I think that I started to hallucinate that if I did not keep counting that I would not be able to breath. The nurses try to clam me down, but I was so tired from counting and trying to breath, that I was so overwhelmed that I became emotional and hysterical really don’t remember how I got out of it, but I do remember calming down eventually.

They wanted to take a x-ray of my system to see what was going on with my lungs and with my pancreas. However it took forever for the room to be free. I remember the nurses kept on coming into my room and talking to me and to each other. They kind of teamed up it took for nurse to take me to the x-ray. Once they got me down to the x-ray and started to scan me. They were unable to make a scan, for the stuff in my system. When I had my first x-ray before I got into the hospital you had to drink this really nasty tasting thing, this medicine showed the doctors the passage thing though my system. So once they tried this time to x-ray me I still had this stuff in me, so they were not able to scan my system. All of the nurses were kind of frustrated that I had not told them, and also that they were not able to scan my system to tell what was the update of my pancreas.

No comments: